You will be leading the development and supporting the ideation of digital products from within the Creative Technology team.
Working with client partnership teams, project management, IA/UX strategists and creatives, you will be helping to turn ideas into reality. Your range of experience will mean you know when to use the right tool for the right job to deliver beautifully made, effective work.
Reporting to the Creative Technology Director, you will support efforts to increase digital innovation throughout the agency by researching and promoting the next latest, greatest technologies.
- Over 5 years experience using web technologies to build Apps that inform, delight and excite users and can be proven to be effective
- An expert understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and patterns and their implementation
- Led the architecture and development of numerous apps and services across the stack
- A good understanding of data-driven RESTful API concepts
- Proficiency in one ore more core backend languages - .NET, C#, JAVA, PHP etc
- Used TDD, code-reviews and agile methodologies to help build more robust products
- Built mobile-centric Apps that are optimised for on-the-go access with intermittent - or limited - connection
- Made mistakes and learnt from them
- Demonstrable code examples of all of the above
In addition to the above you will:
- You are self-motivated to research and evaluate new technologies and able to champion to others
- An excellent communicator; able to explain technically complex concepts to non-technical people
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment where expectations are always high and projects are often varied
- A collaborator, and enjoy working with other disciplines to deliver great products
- Someone who can solve problems logically and creatively
- BSc or BA in a Computer Science/Software Engineering or relevant degree
- Your passion and understanding of design, design culture and motion means you craft products that look great
- You've contributed to open source projects
- You've built games and can demonstrate how you made them 'sticky'
What’s in it for You?
Aside from the usual holiday and pension allowances, you will have access to a whole host of other benefits and activities such as:
- Subsidised Restaurant and Free Fruit Mondays
- Big Deals Local Discount Card and Subsidised Tastecard
- Monthly Social Activities
- Well-being Programme
- Summer Fridays
- Onsite Subsidised Massages
- Reduced Gym Memberships
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care and Glasses Vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loans
- WPP Discounts
You will also have a clear long term career development plan through our quarterly ‘Career Conversations’ and access to our learning and development activities such as our Mentor Programme, Power Hours, Inspirational Speakers and online learning platforms.
You can also enter our quarterly ‘Pitch Your Passion’ competition for a chance to win up to £1,000. ‘Pitch Your Passion’ is a way for us to celebrate and support the wonderful talents, interests, entrepreneurship and creativity across our diverse workforce.