The successful candidate would ideally have a good understanding of retail and have had some exposure to the financial services category in their career.
The key role of the Account Director is to ensure the successful development and implementation of client campaigns, through effective, profitable teamwork. The role requires an ability to effectively manage a team, partnering with Project Management to ensure flawless delivery of on-time and on-budget projects with weekly and monthly financial reconciliation. This involves the smooth day to day running of the account and ensuring great creative ideas are executed professionally.
The Account Director will also provide valuable input into the strategic and creative development of the client account to identify and progress new business opportunities with existing and potential clients. They will look after client relationships, commercial management and profitability, creative standards, strategic direction and initiatives.
- Be a key player in strategic discussions both on a day to day basis and whilst looking at the longer term.
- Demonstrate a solid strategic and executional understanding of the client’s business and market.
- Understand the external influences on the client’s business and how the agency can add value to the client’s business.
- Proactively think ahead to seek solutions and opportunities to issues.
- Develop and manage close working relationships with the client to ensure expectations and deliverables are achieved.
- Ensure the effective interrogation of the brief takes place where all parties understand its implications.
- Strive to maintain and constantly improve creative standards within the business, whilst nurturing the team to carry this through at all levels.
- Work effectively with Project Management to ensure that all projects are on time and on budget.
- To maintain responsibility and accountability for the financial health of the client’s business both from an agency and client perspective.
- Generate and continually strive for organic growth of the client business and effectively cross sell capabilities.
- Effectively manage a team and be a key motivator for all team members
- Have experience of developing comms ideas and best practise point of sale as well as activations (including digital application)
- Manage an Account Manager and their career development
- Work closely with the Project Manager and build strong relationships with production companies and suppliers
- Work closely with sister agencies and participating in cross agency meetings and discussions
- Understanding of the entire creative process from planning and strategy to production and implementation. Leading and managing the process
- Becoming a trusted client partner and building open and honest relationships with clients
What’s in it for You?
Aside from the usual holiday and pension allowances, you will have access to a whole host of other benefits and activities such as:
- Subsidised Restaurant and Free Fruit Mondays
- Big Deals Local Discount Card and Subsidised Tastecard
- Monthly Social Activities
- Well-being Programme
- Summer Fridays
- Onsite Subsidised Massages
- Reduced Gym Memberships
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care and Glasses Vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loans
- WPP Discounts
You will also have a clear long term career development plan through our quarterly ‘Career Conversations’ and access to our learning and development activities such as our Mentor Programme, Power Hours, Inspirational Speakers and online learning platforms.
You can also enter our quarterly ‘Pitch Your Passion’ competition for a chance to win up to £1,000. ‘Pitch Your Passion’ is a way for us to celebrate and support the wonderful talents, interests, entrepreneurship and creativity across our diverse workforce.